Pilot Zone > Pilot Zone

Bourbon Snobs

<< < (22/22)

Lucifer:

--- Quote from: Anthony on May 25, 2023, 06:48:40 AM ---I just happened to be in Delaware a few months ago and by chance drove by a big box liquor/beer/wine store just over the border from PA.  Most of the license plates in the parking lot were PA, not DE.   ;D

--- End quote ---

The Peoples Republic of California is trying to concoct a way to force former residents to continue paying state tax to PRC after they leave. It's not unreasonable to think that PA will follow with border checkpoints and car searches looking for import "contraband".   ::)

nddons:

--- Quote from: Anthony on May 25, 2023, 04:50:48 AM ---My state like many (all?) others taxes alcohol.  It's a huge money grab.  They do the same thing with cigarettes, but I don't smoke. So each bottle of booze needs a PA tax stamp, If you bring booze in from DE, NJ or anywhere else they can ticket and fine you for it.  The state cops do the enforcement typically, but some local cops get in on the money grab too, especially the ones near borders known for this stuff.

--- End quote ---
So much for the Privileges and Immunities clause of the Constitution.

Steingar:
I hit some toll roads in NY on my way back from Canada.  There was a number I was supposed to call, a little difficult when riding a hi-tone race motorcycle.  Once I stopped I forgot completely.  Might be interesting to see what NY decides to do about it.  I'd call now but I forget the number.

jb1842:

--- Quote from: Steingar on June 28, 2023, 05:13:57 AM ---I hit some toll roads in NY on my way back from Canada.  There was a number I was supposed to call, a little difficult when riding a hi-tone race motorcycle.  Once I stopped I forgot completely.  Might be interesting to see what NY decides to do about it.  I'd call now but I forget the number.

--- End quote ---

Some states flag your registration with your titling state and don't let you renew tags if you don't pay the fines. New York loves their fees, so it might be worth looking into depending on how long ago it was.

nddons:

--- Quote from: Steingar on June 28, 2023, 05:13:57 AM ---I hit some toll roads in NY on my way back from Canada.  There was a number I was supposed to call, a little difficult when riding a hi-tone race motorcycle.  Once I stopped I forgot completely.  Might be interesting to see what NY decides to do about it.  I'd call now but I forget the number.

--- End quote ---
Those systems are a pain in the ass, and I think unlawful IMO. Making you write down a number when driving 70 mph to make a credit card payment after the fact is not workable. Either provide a way to pay cash at the time, or give a pass to people using the interstate system as it was designed. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version