Pilot Zone > Pilot Zone

2016 FAA Reauthorization republican proposal

(1/7) > >>

MarkZ:
I'm surprised no one posted yet.  I pulled a random source for the story. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/bill-shuster-faa-air-traffic-controllers-218633

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone . Squirrel!!

Anthony:
Same old, same old.  In the 22 years I've been flying, I think this has come up every year.  Privatize, user fees........

How come the thing government SHOULD be involved in, they don't want to be?  National transportation sounds like a government function, and I deplore government outside of what they should be doing Constitutionally, but this sounds like one of them. 

MarkZ:
To be fair...

Though talks of privatization have permeated headlines for the last few decades, this is the first FAA Reauthorization that delineates such a thing.

But this also isn't privatization per se, in that it will not be taken by a for profit company.  The NAS components will be taken into a not for profit organization. 

MarkZ:
Wow..no opinions (save for one) on this?  Really? 

(Question for moderators, is this thread publicly viewable?)

acrogimp:

--- Quote from: MarkZ on February 06, 2016, 10:30:48 AM ---Wow..no opinions (save for one) on this?  Really? 

(Question for moderators, is this thread publicly viewable?)

--- End quote ---
Mark I find it troubling since it represents the camel's nose in the tent.  The small plane alphabet soup org's have all spoken out against it since we would be substantially underrepresented on the board as proposed - so long as the costs are distributed along those same ratios it might not kill GA as we know it - but I have no doubt that will not be the case and we will be seen as 'freeloaders' and demands will be made for us to pay our 'fair share'.

Which union are you in and what is their position?  Do you agree with their position?

'Gimp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version