Pilot Zone > Pilot Zone

What do we think of the DA62

<< < (5/5)

Johnh:

--- Quote from: Dav8or on February 12, 2016, 09:17:21 AM ---That's a concern for guys like you and me, but if you have the money to order up a new one of these, you'll be able to find a place to put it. At the very least, it's made of plastic, leave it outside!!  ;D

--- End quote ---
Both good points.

But a 48 ft wingspan would still be a pain trying to navigate around some of the crowed ramps; and not even considering other people navigating around your parked plane (remember brYan's problems).

But that is a nit.  I still like the plane.

President-Elect Bob Noel:

--- Quote from: Dav8or on February 12, 2016, 09:17:21 AM ---That's a concern for guys like you and me, but if you have the money to order up a new one of these, you'll be able to find a place to put it. At the very least, it's made of plastic, leave it outside!!  ;D

--- End quote ---

Are there lots of hangars able to handle a 48' wingspan?

President in Exile YOLT:

--- Quote from: Bob Noel on February 12, 2016, 10:44:34 AM ---Are there lots of hangars able to handle a 48' wingspan?

--- End quote ---
Not around here. If there are any, they are community hangar$ at larger airport$.

I have a 43' T and there are several planes that it won't accommodate.

Dav8or:

--- Quote from: Bob Noel on February 12, 2016, 10:44:34 AM ---Are there lots of hangars able to handle a 48' wingspan?

--- End quote ---

Depends on where you live, but yeah it will likely have to go in a custom privately owned hangar, like at an airpark, or a larger corporate hangar. On my field you can rent 50x50 box hangars that it would fit in for $800 a month, but 48' into 50' is pretty tight, but would work if you had to.

acrogimp:
The DA-62 is gorgeous and a tremendous performer from what I have seen - I would own one but there are other ways to spend $1M.

'Gimp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version