Pilot Zone > Pilot Zone

Fairchild PT-23 at our local CAF chapter

<< < (2/2)

Becky (My pronouns are Assigned/By/God):
I’m not comforted. My husband just sent a picture. Here is the very plane. The thing looks likes it has sticks of dynamite behind the prop.

nddons:

--- Quote from: Rush on August 26, 2023, 09:24:36 AM ---They have cathedrals like that in Wisconsin? You'd think you were flying over somewhere in Europe.

--- End quote ---
We do, and they all came from European influence.

The Basilica of St Josaphat in Milwaukee is one example. We go to Christmas Mass there whenever possible.

It was built by polish immigrants using whatever materials were available. For example, the giant “marble” pillars are wood and plaster surrounding a steel substructure, painted to look like marble.

The giant doors and brass hardware came from an old post office in Chicago, and the knobs have USPS on them. These immigrants were not wealthy, but they did what they had to do. It’s beautiful.

https://www.thebasilicafoundation.org/

Sorry for borrowing your thread, Becky! 

nddons:

--- Quote from: Becky (My pronouns are Assigned/By/God) on August 26, 2023, 10:01:27 AM ---I’m not comforted. My husband just sent a picture. Here is the very plane. The thing looks likes it has sticks of dynamite behind the prop.

--- End quote ---
I don’t know anything about that engine. If it’s a CAF airplane, it should be maintained better than your average A&P, because most A&Ps don’t have familiarity with old engines and wood and fabric airplanes.

I’ll IM you a video.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version