Pilot Zone > Accident Review/Never Again (I hope..)

Accident from 3 Camera Angles

<< < (2/2)

Steingar:

--- Quote from: Anthony on October 06, 2020, 06:12:21 AM ---Totally agree.  That's why I made the comment.  However, your insurance premiums will go up significantly so there is a cost.

--- End quote ---
You guys know I had a prop trike in my Mooney.  Apparently Mooneys are known for that.  The repair costs were huge.  My insurance went up, but not by much.  I wound up changing carriers mostly because of the mistreatment I suffered during the claim.

Bamaflyer:
FTFY

--- Quote from: Steingar on October 06, 2020, 12:26:12 PM ---Apparently Mooneys owners are known for that. 

--- End quote ---

President-Elect Bob Noel:
that's cold...

Mr Pou:

--- Quote from: President-Elect Bob Noel on January 05, 2021, 05:26:00 AM ---that's cold...

--- End quote ---

It is cold, but it's also well known that you get two bounces in a Mooney for free. The third buys you a prop and engine teardown, and Michael sadly found out. My rule: If it doesn't settle down nicely on the runway after the 1st bounce, balls to the wall and go around.

Anthony:

--- Quote from: Mr Pou on January 05, 2021, 05:58:14 AM ---It is cold, but it's also well known that you get two bounces in a Mooney for free. The third buys you a prop and engine teardown, and Michael sadly found out. My rule: If it doesn't settle down nicely on the runway after the 1st bounce, balls to the wall and go around.

--- End quote ---

Tigers are the same but I've never even tried one bounce because you're asking for a lot of bad things to happen as you state.  As we all know it's just about air speed and a little discipline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version