Pilot Zone > Rusty & Student Pilots

Your CFI-I

(1/3) > >>

iryan:
I am hoping to finish my CFI-I soon, depending on the wx. What did you wish your -II covered or did differently?

nddons:
My CFII got me about 10 hours of actual IMC before my check ride.  He had me fly to an airport and shoot approaches when we knew it was below minimums so I could see what "below minimums" really meant. 

And I did a lot of training at night, which was much more realistic than daytime under the hood. 

Good luck to you.

wiskyblandi1:
I want to try a CFII machine.

Logannut:
I agree with you I want to know when it will be finished. I hope it will be completed soon.

invflatspin:
Last minute diversions were a real wake-up.

You're flying along, ahead of the plane, got your nav all figured out, comms are going smooth and then someone tosses a wrench in the whole thing. I heard this once as I was on the G/S in bumpy solid IMC: "Attention all aircraft, Van Nuys airport is closed until further notice. Aircraft will be diverted to Burbank, or Whiteman." A few seconds later they called me and gave instructions to go missed, and then contact departure for my alternate. So I got it all sorted out, called back on the missed appr point, and then dep calls back and says; "Van Nuys just re-opened if you want to divert back there." Sigh,,,,

I've heard others say that partial panel was difficult. I never had an issue with that, because most of the time I was in training I never got to see the AH, it was always 'inop' for some reason right after passing 600'. Didn't bother me much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version