Pilot Zone > Rusty & Student Pilots

New Certified Private Pilot

(1/5) > >>

EppyGA - White Christian Domestic Terrorist:
In 2015 EAA 690 launched a Youth Build Program designed to give youth an opportunity to work on aircraft projects and learn about airplanes and aviation as well as how to use tools and construction techniques. 

In May of 2016 a young man by the name of Jeremy Welch began attending our build program. Jeremy had a goal of becoming a pilot and he set out a plan to do just that.  His first goal was to solo on his 16th birthday. He missed that one by only two days and soloed on April 1st, 2017, the morning of our chapter pancake breakfast.
 Over the next year Jeremy methodically checked off his intermediate goals along the way to his scheduled check ride date of March 30th, 2018, Jeremy's 17th birthday.

I am proud to say that Jeremy has achieved that goal and is the chapter's first Certificated Private Pilot to come out of our build program.  We do want to thank the AeroVentures Flying Club for giving us the opportunity to rent their Cessna 150 for our youth and special thanks to John Post, Fred Huppertz and other CFIs in the club for donating their time and effort to help Jeremy achieve his goal.

The first picture is Jeremy with his parents and John Post after his solo. The second picture is Jeremy along with his DPE after his successful check ride.

nddons:
Congrats Eppy. Which one is you?

Anthony:
That's great.  We hear of fewer, and fewer of these types of accomplishments.  At least I perceive it that way.  Huge accomplishment for that kid. 

--- Quote from: nddons on March 31, 2018, 09:05:29 AM ---Congrats Eppy. Which one is you?

--- End quote ---

None of them are me

--- Quote from: Anthony on March 31, 2018, 10:55:23 AM ---That's great.  We hear of fewer, and fewer of these types of accomplishments.  At least I perceive it that way.  Huge accomplishment for that kid.

--- End quote ---

We have five that are flying, four of them soloed last year.  I have another that should take his check ride fairly soon.  He is in the NRTOC program and has already been accepted into the Naval Aviator program.  One of our youth soloed in 4.5 hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version