Pilot Zone > Rusty & Student Pilots

If the FAA doesn't care how...

(1/3) > >>

jaybee:
you enter a hold, then why the f^!* does the instructor or DPE ?  :P  :o  ;)  ;D

President-Elect Bob Noel:

--- Quote from: jaybee on February 01, 2016, 11:54:50 AM ---you enter a hold, then why the f^!* does the instructor or DPE ?  :P  :o  ;)  ;D

--- End quote ---

Is it still in the PTS?

If so, then the FAA does indeed care.

btw - the last I looked at TERPS (admittedly it's been a while), the people creating and checking procedures care about protecting airspace as a function of how the hold is depicted.  It tends to be more important for the fast movers. 

nddons:
Who says the FAA doesn't care, and how important is it to you to stay inside the protected area of a hold?

jaybee:

--- Quote from: Bob Noel on February 01, 2016, 12:14:51 PM ---Is it still in the PTS?
--- End quote ---

3. Explains and uses an entry procedure that ensures the
aircraft remains within the holding pattern airspace for a
standard, nonstandard, published, or nonpublished holding
pattern.

--- Quote from: Bob Noel on February 01, 2016, 12:14:51 PM ---If so, then the FAA does indeed care.

btw - the last I looked at TERPS (admittedly it's been a while), the people creating and checking procedures care about protecting airspace as a function of how the hold is depicted.  It tends to be more important for the fast movers.

--- End quote ---

So as stated, how you enter doesn't matter, only that you stay in the protected area.

The actual protected area is even almost as large on the non-holding side as it is on the holding side.

Just wonder why so many people get bent around the axle about being able to determine if you should do a parallel or teardrop, when the technical answer is only a matter of degrees and the non technical answer is who cares.

Lucifer:
Holds are easy.  Reminds me of the bitching people use to do about NDB approaches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version