Pilot Zone > Rusty & Student Pilots

First flight in 3 years

(1/4) > >>

jb1842:
Finally after injuries, life, etc., got in the way, I got my first flight in almost 3 years. Got checked out in an Archer, and did the manuevers for a flight review. Did a few Wings courses, and the CFI said he would sign off as me being current later this week. Going to try to get in to see an AME to get either Basicmed (did the AOPA course yesterday) or 3rd class in the next few weeks. Thinking basicmed, because I'm almost positive a 3rd class will get deferred by the FAA, and I don't trust them. The AME is part of a club a few miles from me, and I'm going to try to feel him out to see if they are looking for new members. Felt good to be in a cockpit again.

Username:
Outstanding!  Congratulations!!

Anthony:
Hey Congrats!  That's great!  Feels good, doesn't it?  Yeah, go BasicMed if you can. 

jb1842:

--- Quote from: Anthony on July 03, 2020, 01:44:39 PM ---Hey Congrats!  That's great!  Feels good, doesn't it?  Yeah, go BasicMed if you can.

--- End quote ---

Feel really good. First time flying a low wing, and anything over 100hp. Landings were a bit squirrelly, but nothing too bad. Just couldn't get the flare right, and my speeds were a little off.

nddons:

--- Quote from: jb1842 on July 03, 2020, 02:53:27 PM ---Feel really good. First time flying a low wing, and anything over 100hp. Landings were a bit squirrelly, but nothing too bad. Just couldn't get the flare right, and my speeds were a little off.

--- End quote ---
That’s friggin awesome Josh!  Congratulations.

Having flown high wings myself, when I transitioned to the low wing PT-26 the ground effect thing got me. Wings are lower to the runway than on a Skyhawk, and to me it was a noticeable difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version