Pilot Zone > Rusty & Student Pilots

Accelerated Instrument vs. regular

(1/16) > >>

Username:
I've been informed that I need to get off my ass and finish my instrument rating.  About 20 years ago I was nearly done and in the "polishing" stage when my wife got very sick and my priorities changed.  Some 16 years later I took the written again, got training lined up and then Covid.  Two years later I took the written again, got an instructor lined up, and then he moved to Florida leaving no choices.  I'm finally ready to go again.

So... do any of you have any experience with one of the accelerated instrument training programs?  Total immersion for a couple weeks and just get it done.  Or I can go the usual route with a couple flights a week and get it done that way.

Advice?  Comments?  Suggestions?

Rush:
Have no idea but I’ll ask hubby and get back to ya.  He’ll have an opinion.

Little Joe:

--- Quote from: Username on August 16, 2023, 03:11:08 PM ---I've been informed that I need to get off my ass and finish my instrument rating.  About 20 years ago I was nearly done and in the "polishing" stage when my wife got very sick and my priorities changed.  Some 16 years later I took the written again, got training lined up and then Covid.  Two years later I took the written again, got an instructor lined up, and then he moved to Florida leaving no choices.  I'm finally ready to go again.

So... do any of you have any experience with one of the accelerated instrument training programs?  Total immersion for a couple weeks and just get it done.  Or I can go the usual route with a couple flights a week and get it done that way.

Advice?  Comments?  Suggestions?

--- End quote ---
How old are you?  IOW, are you able to drink from a firehose?
I think one of those total immersion programs would have been great when I was young. 
Today, I need more time to digest what I am learning.

And yes.  I hate to admit that.

Becky (My pronouns are Assigned/By/God):
I’m not a pilot but that’s never kept me from having opinions.

If I read your story right, you’ve taken the written three times?

That suggests the knowledge is in your brain, so “intensive” might translate to ”refresher.”

My husband got his IFR then went through the training course again, just because he wanted to. I love him though.

EppyGA - White Christian Domestic Terrorist:
Sounds like you pretty much have all your time logged, even though it a bit ago.  Maybe a few hours with a CFII for refresher on procedures, holds, etc and then go shoot a bunch of approaches with a safety pilot untill you really feel comfortable and then go back to the CFII for a final check and sign off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version