Pilot Zone > Rusty & Student Pilots

Accelerated Instrument vs. regular

<< < (2/16) > >>

Username:

--- Quote from: Little Joe on August 16, 2023, 04:05:52 PM ---How old are you?  IOW, are you able to drink from a firehose?
I think one of those total immersion programs would have been great when I was young. 
Today, I need more time to digest what I am learning.

And yes.  I hate to admit that.

--- End quote ---
I'd like to think so.  I'm 66 and still learning stuff through my research.  I think that it might be a bit easier for me since I've already had so much training already vs. starting from zero.  Much of it will be review and rebuilding the muscle memory, scan, and such.  Taking (and passing) the written a fourth time is a bit embarrassing but that seems to be the easy part.  Trying to program the GPS in turbulence is the challenge.

Old Crow:
35 years ago I had a student that was 75 years old.  He told me he had wanted to fly since he was a kid but life got in the way.  Finally his wife kicked him out of the house and told him don't come back until you learn to fly!  He soloed in 12 hours and got the PPL in 50.  Then bought a 172 and he and his wife did a lot of flying.  See the kids and grandkids, hamburger runs, etc.  A year later came back for his instrument.  His wife would do the radios and navigation.  They were a good team together.  They flew for almost 15 years before health caught up with him.

Rush:
Hubby says nothing wrong with the usual way if the local instructor is going to stick around and if he can fly frequently with you. Otherwise if you want to knock it out fast do the accelerated.

I agree with Little Joe, for me it takes longer to absorb things than when I was young, so I'd probably do it the slow way, but then you've already learned it all so it should come back easily.

So maybe it depends on how you feel about the instructor.

nddons:
Little Joe and others, I recall a guy from POA who flew his own airplane to student’s airports for accelerated instrument training. Am I recalling that correctly? 

Anthony:

--- Quote from: nddons on August 16, 2023, 07:50:46 PM ---Little Joe and others, I recall a guy from POA who flew his own airplane to student’s airports for accelerated instrument training. Am I recalling that correctly?

--- End quote ---

Ron Levi used to do that. Maybe still does. I forget the outfit he worked for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version