Pilot Zone > Accident Review/Never Again (I hope..)

CAF Wings Over Dallas Mid-Air

(1/6) > >>

nddons:

Dear members and supporters of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF),

I wanted to share with you the news of a tragic accident that happened earlier today.  On Saturday, Nov 12, at approximately 1:20 p.m. CST, two CAF aircraft were involved in a mid-air collision at Dallas Executive Airport during the CAF’s Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow. 

The aircraft involved were our B-17 Flying Fortress Texas Raiders N7227C and our P-63 Kingcobra N6763, both based out of the Houston area.

The B-17 operates with a flight crew of 4-5 individuals, and the P-63 operates with a single crew member. At this time, we are not able to provide the identity or any personal information about the aircrew involved. 

The Commemorative Air Force is working closely with local and national authorities who are investigating this accident.  The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) will conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of the accident. Currently, no additional information is available.

We will continue to share information with you as we are able. It is always difficult to share news like this, however you are part of our aviation family. It is important that we support one another in times like this.

Hank Coates
President/CEO
Copyright *2022 Commemorative Air Force, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
CAF HEADQUARTERS
P.O. BOX 764769 Dallas, TX 75376

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

nddons:
You can find videos all over. You can pull up “Dallas Executive Airshow” or something similar on YouTube.

One of my friends flies for Tora Tora Tora. The pilot of the P-63 was also a Tora pilot. My friend also knew the crew of the B-17 “Texas Rangers” from the Gulf Coast wing of the CAF.

Anthony:
Fucking fuck!!!

Rush:
 :'(

Username:
Truly heartbreaking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version