Pilot Zone > Accident Review/Never Again (I hope..)

My husband got hit by a spinning prop!

<< < (3/3)

Rush:

--- Quote from: Username on February 03, 2024, 08:55:28 AM ---I had a nice model aircraft once.  Spent a long time tuning the engine and learning how to get my finger out of the way of the prop.  Practiced with the controls to make sure that every control surface did what it was expected to do with the control input.  Then finally the day came.  Took off, climbed, stalled, spun, crashed.  Just that fast.  Gave the debris to a neighbor so he could play with the parts.

For Christmas my wife gave me a tiny drone.  I can ONLY fly it in the basement where there's no danger of crashing into something important.  I've mastered straight up and straight down.  Someday I'll try some forward motion.

--- End quote ---

My husband crashed one of his new RCs on one of the first flights. He’s really into them and has been since he was a little kid so he’s pretty good.  He just finished constructing a “racing” RC.  His RC buddies have scheduled a race and he tweaked his to have speed and weight advantages and jokingly told them he was testing it in a wind tunnel. I don’t know when the race is scheduled for, some weeks out I think.

He’s got those things hanging all over his shop and the garage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version