Pilot Zone > Accident Review/Never Again (I hope..)

My husband got hit by a spinning prop!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rush:

--- Quote from: EppyGA - White Christian Domestic Terrorist on January 31, 2024, 06:41:39 AM ---I believe he has sandals on.

--- End quote ---

Who would have thought steel toe boots would be a good thing to wear at the RC field?  And chain mail gloves?   Maybe a face shield?  ;D

Becky (My pronouns are Assigned/By/God):
Glad it’s not stitch worthy, but best wishes for healing! New procedure to shout “Clear!” before starting the little plane!

Rush:

--- Quote from: Becky (My pronouns are Assigned/By/God) on February 01, 2024, 06:18:12 AM ---Glad it’s not stitch worthy, but best wishes for healing! New procedure to shout “Clear!” before starting the little plane!

--- End quote ---

Ha ha, yep!  It's already healing up pretty well. It went from looking like a big bloody mess to now just a series of slices. His hand looks like a manatee or shark with boat propeller scars.  And ever widening, he said, "see, the plane was accelerating".  The issue is that this RC doesn't have gear, so he has to hand launch it, and he failed to get his hand out of the way.

rotorhead1026:

--- Quote from: Rush on January 31, 2024, 07:05:06 AM ---Who would have thought steel toe boots would be a good thing to wear at the RC field?  And chain mail gloves?   Maybe a face shield?  ;D

--- End quote ---
RC Airplane Models meet the Society for Creative Anachronism.

Username:
I had a nice model aircraft once.  Spent a long time tuning the engine and learning how to get my finger out of the way of the prop.  Practiced with the controls to make sure that every control surface did what it was expected to do with the control input.  Then finally the day came.  Took off, climbed, stalled, spun, crashed.  Just that fast.  Gave the debris to a neighbor so he could play with the parts.

For Christmas my wife gave me a tiny drone.  I can ONLY fly it in the basement where there's no danger of crashing into something important.  I've mastered straight up and straight down.  Someday I'll try some forward motion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version