Spin Zone > Spin Zone

The Pathetic State of the Republican Party

(1/46) > >>

Lucifer:

Clown Show.   That's the only real explanation of the RNC.   

Start with it's Chairperson, Ronna Botox.   The niece of one of the biggest RINO's in the country.  She has a track record of losses, put's money into losing campaigns and ignores real issues.   But, she enjoys lavish private jet trips to resorts and has watched her pay increase to over $400k since assuming office.  This twit schedules debates with hostile news agencies, rather than conservative outlets, which in turn gives republicans even more bad publicity.

Any real company would fire someone like her for her track record. Vivek is 100% correct on his assessment of her.

Congress and the Senate.   More buffoonery with the RINO Caucus in each house selling out their constituents daily.    We just watched 8 RINO's jump in and save Mayorkas from impeachment.   This communist asshole has destroyed our southern border and compromised national security, yet the RINO Caucus can't stand the thought of removing him.

Now the RINO Caucus is pushing back on impeaching the most corrupt politician and president in our history.   Seems those rooms full of evidence are just not enough for them.

And while acknowledging our country has a rogue Dept of Justice/FBI, they just rewarded the FBI with $300 million plus to build a new headquarters larger than the Pentagon.   This money being authorized while our country is bleeding in a debt crisis.

I could go on and on.   This party was almost gone in 2015 until it was revived by Trump.   And since then, the establishment RINO's have despised the people Trump brought into the party, and even more despised the America First candidates as well.

Here's a good article that sums it up.  https://donsurber.substack.com/p/what-has-the-party-done-for-us

--- Quote ---Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds rapped Donald Trump in her endorsement of Ron DeSantis, “I believe [Trump] can’t win and I believe that Ron can. And that’s a big reason I got behind him.”

She’s not going for the best candidate. She is going for electability again. Just like McCain was more electable than Ron Paul and Romney was more electable than Newt Gingrich.

Her statement follows the warning back in April from New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu, who wrote in the New York Times, “Winnowing down the field of candidates is the single best chance to stop Mr. Trump. If Mr. Trump is the Republican nominee for president in 2024, Republicans will lose up and down the ballot.”

Reynolds and Sununu don’t get it. Trump supporters no longer care about the party. Why should we? The party hates us and has done everything it can to sabotage us. They ignore our issues to pursue their trivia.

I say this because I finally got fed up last week when the Deseret News reported, “On Wednesday, Rep. Maria Salazar, R-Fla., sponsored a proposal banning the words Latinx and Latin-x in federal paperwork. The proposal is an amendment to one of the House GOP’s 12 appropriations bills made annually. The vote was 222-198 with 215 Republicans and 7 Democrats voting for the amendment.

“Utah Reps. Blake Moore, John Curtis and Burgess Owens voted in favor of the proposal.

“House Democrats who voted in favor of the ban included four members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus: Reps. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, Yadira Caraveo D-Colo., Vicente Gonzalez D-Texas, and Marie Gluesenkamp Perez, D-Wash. The other three were Reps. Jared Golden, D-Maine., Matt Cartwright D-Pa. and Mary Peltola, D-Alaska.”

Wow. MAGA Mike is showing his leadership by taking on words. Wow. Stopping the government from calling Hispanics the wrong name is his top priority.

Phooey. He’s McCarthy Lite. Look for Dylan Mulvaney’s endorsement soon.

Republicans went through 15 votes to find a House speaker in January and then went through a barrage of votes over 22 days in October to find his replacement. And what do Trump supporters get out of their efforts to get a real leader in the House?

Word games.

Nothing quite says out of touch like wringing your hands over what to label 80 million or so Americans. The actual problem is that our government still asks about race and ethnic background is an affront to the constitutional command that we not judge people by race or creed. The Republican answer is to duel with Democrats over what name to call them.

You say Latinx, I say Hispanics — let’s call the whole thing off.

Of course, that was the last straw. Let’s look at the bales beneath it. I will start with the question that sounds like the title of an Ashton Kutcher movie.

Dude, where’s my wall?

In 2016, Trump supporters took a lot of grief for daring to say build the wall. Never mind that a decade earlier, Congress passed a law to construct one, the media and Hillary blasted us as racist, xenophobic and backward for wanting a wall.

After all that grief — after delivering the White House and the 4,000 political appointments that go with it to Republicans — after keeping the majorities we gave them in Congress in 2014 — we never got a wall. Republicans laughed in our faces.

Gym rat Paul Ryan refused to support the party’s presidential nominee because — get this — Trump used the word pussy in a private conversation 11 years earlier.

Instead of punishing Ryan, the party kept him on as House speaker. And after two years of obstructing President Trump, Ryan quit and cashed in — landing a fat paycheck as a member of the Fox board of directors.

Have Republicans punished the FBI for spying on their 2016 presidential nominee? No, they have not. In fact, MAGA Mike just gave the FBI $375 million to build a new headquarters in Maryland. The FBI worked with the Capitol Police to frame Trump supporters as insurrectionists — and House Republicans let them.

But the bottom-most bale of the straws that broke the back of my Camel is still the Tea Party. They did the improbable and gained 63 seats for Republicans, taking back the House. And they also almost brought back the Senate with an incredible 7-seat gain.

Their reward? Ridicule and the continuation of Obamacare. More than a decade later, it fuels medical evil. Transgendered children butchered in 60 sex-surgery clinics suffered most because Obamacare enabled Obama to not only require health insurers to cover birth control, it empowered him to mandate transsexual plastic surgery.

Obamacare enabled the multi-million-dollar business of mutilating children and teens.

Electing Republicans failed to stop this atrocity. We put in Republican majorities and elected a Republican president and instead of delivering us from this evil, they kept Obamacare going.

But hey, they are using their power now to thwart the use of the words Latinx and Latin-X in government documents, aren’t they? Vote Republican. You can keep your federalization of health care but lose one of the 50 ethnic labels the government slaps on Americans.

Then there is abortion. In the aftermath of yet another victory-turned-into-defeat election, the Republican hierarchy blamed conservatives and not the poor management of the RNC. Oh, it is great at raising money but terrible at winning elections. The RNC blamed its failure in 2018, 2020 and 2022 on Donald Trump — the man who saved the nation from Hillary.

This year, RNC and their failed strategists blamed abortion. After decades of squeezing pro-lifers for donations, the RNC is upset that Roe v. Wade was overturned.

John Feehery, a Republican strategist, told Reuters, “It's a wake up call for Republicans to figure out what the right messaging and the right policy is on abortion because whatever they have now is not popular with voters.

“Republicans have to stop pushing policies that make people believe they are trying to ban abortion. They need to try and find a middle ground right now.”

Middle ground?

Did Republicans seek a middle ground on slavery after losing the 1856 presidential election?

But Republican strategist has become a synonym for Democrat, hasn’t it?

Conservatives have not cost the party a single election since 1964 and the Goldwater debacle. Even then, the Kennedy assassination pretty much locked that race in for Democrats. What has cost Republicans election after election is the moderate wing, which gave us Jerry Ford, George H.W. Bush, John McCain and Mitt Romney.

They were 1-4 in presidential elections. That win was courtesy of Ronald Reagan, whose popularity kept Bush 41 afloat in 1988.

Party loyalty is a joke. Besides rewarding Ryan for not helping the party’s presidential nominee get elected, the party failed to discipline Mitt Romney for being the first senator to vote to convict his party’s president in an impeachment.

He did it again a little over a year later. And lest we forget, House Republicans initially kept Liz Cheney as their No. 3 leader after she helped impeach Trump a second time.

What a ticket Republicans had in 2012: Benedict Romney and Mata Hari Ryan. They have not supported a Republican ticket since because the sad fact is they are imposters who posed as conservatives but worked for Obama, Hillary and now, Biden.

But I am supposed to worry about the Republican ticket down ballot because we must stop Democrats but for decades now, it has been vote Republican, get nothing.

No thank you. I am voting for Trump next year but I may leave the rest of my ballot blank because Republicans are not worthy of my support. It won’t be Donald Trump killing Republicans down ballot; it will be Republican indifference to the electorate that will cost them.
--- End quote ---

Lucifer:

Lucifer:
https://andmagazine.substack.com/p/the-democrats-may-or-may-not-win

The Democrats May Or May Not Win The Next Election - But The Republicans Show Every Indication They Will Lose It

--- Quote ---"We’ve become a party of losers at the end of the day.”

“I think there is something deeper going on in the Republican party here, and I am upset about what happened last night.”

“Let’s speak the truth. Since Ronna McDaniel took over as chairwoman of the RNC in 2017, we have lost 2018, 2020, 2022. No red wave that never came.”

“We got trounced last night in 2023, and I think we have to have accountability in our party.”

Vivek Ramaswamy during the most recent Republican Presidential debate. He then asked Ronna McDaniel to resign.

I am not a supporter of Vivek Ramaswamy for President, but let’s be clear. The man is speaking truth. The Republican Party is on the wrong track. Joe Biden is likely the worst President in American history. The economy is a disaster. The world is on fire. The country is awash in illegal immigrants. Every poll shows Biden and the Democrats are hugely unpopular.

Still, the Republicans find a way to lose.

The conventional wisdom amongst establishment Republicans is that people are rejecting MAGA “extremism.” They see in the election results evidence to support their belief that the only way ahead is to back away from ‘America First’ policies and return to the kind of neo-con principles the party championed in the 90s.

The establishment has it exactly backwards. It is the hostility of the party hierarchy to the MAGA movement that is killing Republicans at the polls.

All of the energy in the Republican Party is at the grassroots level where people are overwhelmingly supporters of Donald Trump and his agenda. In fact, even amongst those people who may find Trump personally not their cup of tea, his platform is still wildly popular. The Republican base wants: terms limits, free and fair elections, an end to endless war abroad, a tough line on China, the reindustrialization of the United States, the end of aggressive woke policies aimed at remaking America in some Marxist image, and secure borders.

Perhaps more than any of that, though, they want people who will fight. The base has no trust in the outcome of elections anymore, and yet they see that none of their elected representatives are doing anything to fix the broken electoral system. The base sees that Biden is hopelessly corrupt and likely compromised by hostile foreign powers and yet they wait in vain for any meaningful effort to remove him from office. The base knows there is no border anymore, that our nation is being invaded, and that it is American citizens who are paying the bill for the unfolding disaster, and yet they can find virtually no one who will take action to end this insanity.

The base is angry, increasingly impoverished, and rapidly losing faith in all of the core institutions of our government and society. They want someone to stand up, speak truth, and throw some punches. Other than Trump they see no one willing to do so.

Instead, the base is told over and over again to get behind establishment candidates who do not share their beliefs and show no inclination to tackle real issues. When MAGA candidates do emerge they are systematically eliminated by an entrenched GOP establishment that cuts them off from funding, refuses to endorse them, and then punishes any party officials who step out of line and get behind a “populist” candidate.

The result is electoral disaster. Establishment candidates like Mehmet Oz are trotted out and the base of the party is effectively ordered to get behind them. The lack of enthusiasm is palpable. People stay home in droves on election day. Many have simply stopped voting entirely.

The GOP establishment continues to believe that it can simply demand that registered Republicans vote for anyone with an “R” next to their name. Those days are long gone. If you cannot show by your actions that you stand with the MAGA movement, you will be ignored and considered as bad or worse than the Democrat running against you.

At a recent GOP luncheon, I sat and listened as probably a dozen Republican candidates for office got up and spoke. For fun, I jotted down a couple of dozen issues that I hear people discuss every time I go to a MAGA event in my state of Pennsylvania. I then waited to see how many of these Republican candidates would discuss any of these issues.

Only one did. He mentioned the border for about ten seconds. No one else took time to discuss any of the things infuriating members of the party. Their speeches all amounted to the same thing. I am a Republican – vote for me.

The 2024 election is right around the corner. The GOP establishment shows no signs of changing course or learning from its mistakes. The truth is, I am afraid, the party would rather lose to the Dems than allow the base of the party to take control.

Increasingly Blacks and Latinos are lining up behind Trump; the results could be seismic. Party leaders could care less. Change means a possible loss of control. Letting the people rule is too terrifying for the cabal to contemplate.

The Democrats may or may not win the next election. But, the Republicans show every indication they will lose it.

--- End quote ---

Rush:
Another massive R failure to read the room.  Nikki Haley wants to force us all to post under our real names on social media. That plus her warmongering means I will never vote for her. If she somehow ends up the GOP nominee I WILL vote for RFKJr I promise you.

https://twitter.com/ChristinaPushaw/status/1724524144954380794

Anthony:

--- Quote from: Rush on November 15, 2023, 04:24:01 AM ---Another massive R failure to read the room.  Nikki Haley wants to force us all to post under our real names on social media. That plus her warmongering means I will never vote for her. If she somehow ends up the GOP nominee I WILL vote for RFKJr I promise you.

https://twitter.com/ChristinaPushaw/status/1724524144954380794

--- End quote ---

Just what I want from Republicans and government.  More mandates and restrictions.  Ef you Nikki!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version