Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - nddons

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58
1
Spin Zone / Re: Watching the MSM stoking fear
« on: March 28, 2020, 11:36:20 AM »
Good Lord no!  Beck always makes me feel depressed.  Rush always uplifts me and makes me feel good.  I can't think of a replacement for Rush 1/1000 as good. :(
I totally agree. I like Mark Levin a lot, but his “angry all the time” fatigues me. Hannity is a joke. Mark Stein is great and humorous, but doesn’t have Rush’s depth.

I think that mantle remains empty once he goes. No one can fill it, though many will try and many will try to claim the title.

2
Spin Zone / Re: Child abuse up because of coronavirus
« on: March 26, 2020, 10:00:47 AM »
Well maybe LET THE FUCKING KIDS BACK IN SCHOOL.
Exactly. Gain herd immunity, stop the transmission. Think chickenpox.

3
Pilot Zone / Re: Airlines and the Covid19
« on: March 26, 2020, 09:45:51 AM »
I just got a notice from American that they will no longer serve you anything on flights under 4 hours, unless you maybe beg them for a sip of water.  Also they’ve “relaxed their seating policy”, whatever that means.
I see some airlines adopting the Southwest boarding model.

4
Spin Zone / Re: Unintended consequences
« on: March 23, 2020, 09:29:04 AM »
Trump said yesterday that the cure may be worse than the disease signaling at the end of the "15 day period" that things could start to get back to normal.  He's in for a fight from some in the medical community and the Democrats that want to transfer the entire economy to government.

I am already sick of this shit.  Let's get back to being functioning humans.
My fucking twerp governor tweeted he will issue a “Safer at Home” order starting tomorrow. Because that is less panic-inducing than a “shelter in place” order, or so he thinks the sheeple will buy it.

We’ve had a total 4 deaths from this. And less than 400 cases of it.

We are losing our minds.

6
Pilot Zone / Re: Bought a Navion
« on: March 19, 2020, 09:42:58 AM »
I hope you can get er done before we are all on mandatory lockdown with National Guard posted at our front door.
I’ll tell them I’m seeking social distancing and plan to be at least a mile from another human.

7
Spin Zone / Re: how quickly it turns...
« on: March 18, 2020, 01:20:08 PM »
I totally agree.  I wasn't saying it shouldn't come back due to automation.  Even automation requires monitoring, management, maintenance, repair, installation, upgrades, etc.  Lots of jobs and suppliers to support the processes. 

Plus the strategic value is enormous.
Yep. Many of my clients that have automated their manufacturing operations claim that it doesn’t reduce their employment; it just shifts the job duties (and requires better qualified people) to do these things to keep the robots working.

8
Spin Zone / Re: how quickly it turns...
« on: March 18, 2020, 07:28:06 AM »
Pharmaceutical companies are no longer money printing machines.  That ended almost 20 years ago or so.  They are under the same pressure, that other lower margin companies are under to cut costs.  Therefore, many have moved R&D, and manufacturing overseas.  Some have been bought by foreign companies, and/or even moved their HQ overseas for tax purposes. 

So, while they may still be U.S. companies they are still dependent on foreign operations.  Some are outsourcing manufacturing to third parties, again overseas.  We no longer have control of a lot of the drug production here. 

Berne and other Democrats are using this crisis to push NATIONALIZATION of certain industries like Drub and Oil companies.  Never let a crisis go to waste, right?  This is what you would get with a Democrat President, and Democrat legislature.
Nationalization is ridiculous.  However, I
Love Trump’s initiative to bring our entire medical supply chain back home to the US.

I heard this on Tucker last night and read about this this morning, but the fucking US Chamber of Commerce is fighting this move by Trump. Fuck those swamp dwellers. Go Trump.

9
Pennsylvania closing all liquor stores to help fight spread of coronavirus
https://www.wtae.com/article/pennsylvania-closing-liquor-stores-to-help-fight-spread-of-coronavirus/31674171#
Liquor stores?  Why not office supply stores?  Flower shops?  Hardware stores? 

At least liquor stores presume you are drinking at home and not in public - isn’t that what they want? 

These states and municipalities are getting their first taste of tyranny, and they like it.

Time to affix bayonets. 

10
Meh.  Mayor Marion Barry was arrested for drugs, and other charges, did jail time and was reelected.  The Left doesn't care if their politicians or pundits are criminals.
“Bitch set me up!”

11
Spin Zone / Re: Election 2020: Dems United in Insane Hatred of Trump
« on: March 12, 2020, 09:28:10 AM »
Just take a look at the republican primary vote totals so far versus the votes cast for the dims.  The MSM is totally ignoring these numbers.

Trump is running unopposed, yet record numbers of people are turning out to vote for him in the primaries.  Very telling.
Exactly. Podhoritz misses that point completely.

In CA Sanders got 1,643,000 votes. Biden got 1,326,000 votes. Bloomberg got 621,000 votes. But Trump got 2,009,000 votes, more than any other candidate, and the GOP voter  had no motivation to even show up, except for excitement for Trump.

12
Spin Zone / Re: Societal Insanity over the Flu
« on: March 12, 2020, 08:47:17 AM »
Agree.  This is more than just the Leftist Media hype to get rid of Trump.  This is the new norm of SOCIAL MEDIA, narcissistic, Nanny State obsession with safety and security.  The kids that had Helicopter, and Snow Plow parents have grown up to expect NO BARRIERS, NO RISKS, and a GUARANTEE of 100% safety.  Yet, they drive like morons. 

I went to Walmart last night to do some grocery and other shopping and there was NO TOILET PAPER.  None.  What are people doing with hoarding toilet paper.  I didn't intend to by any hand sanitizer, but there was none, and no alcohol. 

I guess when people realize I have toilet paper and other essentials they will come after me.  :)
Here’s a homemade recipe for killing germs Anthony.

13
Spin Zone / Re: Societal Insanity over the Flu
« on: March 12, 2020, 08:30:16 AM »
Yep.  At my school spring break is extended to March 22 to allow professors to convert their classes to distance learning.  Distance until further notice.  This will be really hard for those professors who haven't updated their classes in 20 years and don't know technology.  Converting to distance is non-trivial.  And impossible for those classes that need specialized software or lab equipment that can't be done from home.  Should be interesting.
That’s OK. Everyone gets an A and an “I Survived Coronavirus” trophy. Problem solved.

14
Spin Zone / Re: Annnnnd Mayor Pete is out
« on: March 11, 2020, 12:50:32 PM »
Latest projection indicates ~99% chance Biden enters convention with a majority of delegates, while ~1% chance of no one having a majority:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-primary-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo
Translation:

No need for primary rallies featuring Biden and Sanders which should eliminate repeated gaffs.

Also, berate Trump to stop his rallies so we don’t see 10-15,000 seat arenas full of Trump supporters.

Oh, and we can blame it all on Coronavirus.

15
Spin Zone / Re: Oil Tanks - Who Benefits?
« on: March 09, 2020, 10:36:47 AM »
Actually, I think the Saudi move might be intended to assist Trump in his reelection.  He has been very supportive of the Crown Prince, and I'm certain they want to keep him in place.  And they know cheap energy prices always drive the American economy, always have.  The Saudis aren't stupid, they know this. 

I suppose it's possible that their only motivation is to compete with the American Energy generation industry, and they're doing it in a vacuum.  It's just difficult to believe that folks in such responsible positions could function in such a myopic way.
Only 10% of Saudi exports ($17.3B) go to the US. China is 17%, Japan is 15%, India is 11%, and South Korea is 10%.

But sure, go ahead and think it’s all about Trump.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58