Pilot Zone > Accident Review/Never Again (I hope..)

Bad one in Ogden UT.

(1/2) > >>

invflatspin:
I think I knew the pilot. He had a painting biz in town.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-plane-crash-kills-2-couples-leaving-vacation-002042672.html

A36 with 4 aboard, plus bags heading for vacation. Hot, high, heavy. Maybe DA, maybe more to it. Very very sad.

Anthony:
That's terrible.  I always hate to speculate, but that what discussion boards are for, right?  I rarely filled all the seats in the Tiger or flew at gross weight, maybe because I had it at high altitude in Colorado for several years.  I hate to hear accidents like these.  Ship the luggage UPS, and leave a margin for W&B.  I'm, not saying this guy was over gross, but high, hot, and heavy was never a place I wanted to be. 

airguy:
Hot, high and heavy carried me to within about 18" of wrinkling an airplane when I was a fresh PPL, scared the crap out of me and taught me a lesson I've never forgotten.

Took me a while to figure out that my primary instructor was a friggin' idiot and there were LOTS of gaps in my knowledge.

EppyGA - White Christian Domestic Terrorist:
Once we get done with the checkride we really don't need to use all that stuff anymore ;)

KamKevy:
Oh... Thats why I assumed the "if"

Anyway, as everyone can join their forum... But its true that we should every time ask for permission, but well...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version