Pilot Zone > Pilot Zone

Bourbon Snobs

(1/22) > >>

nddons:
Ok, I’m not a craft beer snob nor a wine snob nor a bourbon snob. However, I do like moving on from some of the basics like Makers Mark and trying new things.

This one came at the recommendation of a friend, and it’s really good. It’s got a little heat, but very tasty.

Any other opinions from those of you who occasionally partake in fantastic adult beverages?  Gym rats like Anthony can’t respond as they probably just drink Vitamin Water and green shakes.

TimRB:
I'm the opposite of a Bourbon snob.  I can, and do, drink anything and like it.  It's a gift.  Sometimes friends will gift me a nice bottle of expensive Bourbon and I never have the heart to tell them that for me a twenty dollar Costco bottle of Jim Beam is the cat's meow.  Expensive booze is wasted on me.

Tim

Dweyant:
I’m more of a scotch guy.  Glenmorangie Signet is one of my favorites, but I like almost anything :)

nddons:

--- Quote from: TimRB on February 04, 2022, 06:29:09 PM ---I'm the opposite of a Bourbon snob.  I can, and do, drink anything and like it.  It's a gift.  Sometimes friends will gift me a nice bottle of expensive Bourbon and I never have the heart to tell them that for me a twenty dollar Costco bottle of Jim Beam is the cat's meow.  Expensive booze is wasted on me.

Tim

--- End quote ---
I’m not either. I was just trying to get people to look at this post.

I have my regulars (Makers Mark, Knob Creek, etc.) but I like to try different things.

nddons:

--- Quote from: Dweyant on February 04, 2022, 06:45:34 PM ---I’m more of a scotch guy.  Glenmorangie Signet is one of my favorites, but I like almost anything :)

--- End quote ---
I would love to be a Scotch snob like my brother, but those better Scotches are like taking a bite out of some peat moss. I’d rather have a cheaper Cutty Sark or J&B.

However, I DO like Irish whiskey. It gives me some of that peat flavor without overpowering me. I like Bushmills Black (A/k/a Black Bush), Powers, Tullemore Dew.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version