Pilot Zone > Pilot Zone

T Mobile 5G Home Internet - any experiences?

(1/4) > >>

Anthony:
I know we have a lot of Tech gurus here.  Anybody have this yet?  What are the potential downsides?  They "give" you a 15 day free trial to see if it works for you.  My concern is that I stream everything. Music, Movies, TV shows, Videos, etc. and it wouldn't be as good (fast, seamless) as my home internet service through Xfinity/Comcast (Commiecast), the EVIL empire). I hate Comcast due to their hypocrisy and support (financial backing) of Democrats including Biden, Obama and Hillary.

The cost, at least for now is $50/moth.  I have to research what contractual obligations there are, if any.  I want to say it is month to month, but I'm not sure.  If you are locked in for a certain time period after your 15 day trial, I wonder what type of Termination penalty there would be.  Guess I have to g read the fine print.  lol. 

My current Xfinity/Comcast internet service just went up from $75/mos. to $102/mos.!  It was $50/mos. since I got it about four years ago, then went to $75 after two years and now $102.  Remember, this is just for internet only.

Rush:
Can't help you.  But I've been hearing the T-Mobile ads for cell service but I've been loathe to switch from Verizon.  My service is good with Verizon and not sure I believe them when they say the coverage is identical. Plus I've gotten good service from the local Verizon store.  But supposedly there's a lot of savings.

EppyGA - White Christian Domestic Terrorist:
I tried it out. No contract obligation. Brought it home, plugged it in and never got above 20Mbps from it. Called then up, cancelled and sent it back. You will not get your setup fee back and they hit your card for the $50 pretty quick, but I did get that refunded.  You would have to try it in several locations in your house, generally needs to be by a window for best operation. Your mileage may vary.

Little Joe:
Isn't that the service that says the $50/month will never ever be increased?  I've been considering it too, but I have had too many issues with getting out of "free trials" with other servcies.

Rush:
Our internet/cable is Spectrum and it’s outrageously expensive.  But screaming fast internet which I need for my work.  They also respond very quickly to outages although I attribute that to local small town Texas work ethic more than Spectrum itself.  I would cancel cable TV in a heartbeat but hubby watches it all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version