Pilot Zone > Pilot Zone

Saturn V

(1/4) > >>

Rush:
Wonderful video of how the Saturn V worked, if you are a rocket engineering nerd.
There’s a whole other video somewhere just about the control system.

The whole thing is just really frickin cool.  How they steered, with the technology at the time. How they cooled the nozzles, everything.   Just amazing.

Anthony:
I recently watched the Movie "Apollo 13" again.  I've seen it many times, but it still is very entertaining and interesting.  What those guys did was amazing. 

nddons:

--- Quote from: Anthony on May 09, 2023, 07:59:57 AM ---I recently watched the Movie "Apollo 13" again.  I've seen it many times, but it still is very entertaining and interesting.  What those guys did was amazing.

--- End quote ---
It’s amazing to me that we’ve all seen Apollo 13, but until I just checked The Google, I didn’t realize there was a movie made about Apollo 11 - probably the epitome of human exploration in the history of man.

Turns out there was a documentary film produced in 2019.  Sounds like it was an imax movie. I had no idea.

Anthony:

--- Quote from: nddons on May 09, 2023, 12:39:05 PM ---It’s amazing to me that we’ve all seen Apollo 13, but until I just checked The Google, I didn’t realize there was a movie made about Apollo 11 - probably the epitome of human exploration in the history of man.

Turns out there was a documentary film produced in 2019.  Sounds like it was an imax movie. I had no idea.

--- End quote ---

I think I remember that being out but didn't get to see it either.  Does the U.S. have the balls anymore to do anything even remotely like that again?  No.

Rush:
I can’t even imagine the guts it took to be in that capsule.  When I was a kid that’s what I thought I wanted to do but in reality I don’t have the stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version